- band of farmers.org – Band of Farmers is Chicagoland’s CSA coalition. Find a local farm serving our Chicagoland area.
- localharvest.org – nationwide site connects consumers and farmers, whether you’re looking for a CSA, farmers market, or farm
- familyfarmed.org is a national leader in building the Good Food movement and developing regional, sustainable food systems. Its annual Good Food Festival & Conference is America’s longest-running sustainable and local food trade show.
- learngrowconnect.org – Angelic Organic’s Learning Center – for folks investigating farming on their own or interested in classes. Facilitates Stateline Farm Beginnings and the area’s CRAFT network; both were integral in our becoming farmers.
- GardenWorks – grassroots, volunteer-led project working to relieve hunger in DuPage Co. by providing individuals and families in need with vegetable gardens and coaching.
- SCARCE – fantastic organization committed to educating folks about environmental stewardship and organizes numerous recycling efforts throughout DuPage Co.
Friends of the farm
- Natural Communities sells native plants and educates the general public about the benefits of native gardens in their yards. They sell individual plants and whole flats.
- Vegetarian Librarian with Kelly and Jason! Two of our favorite people produce this great online vegan cooking show.
- The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball
- The Family Dinner by Laurie David
- Animal Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
- Hit by a Farm by Catherine Friend
- True Cost of Food (2005)
- Forks Over Knives (2011)
- Dirt! (2009)
- Lunch Line (2010)
- How to Cook Your Life (2007)
Here is a link to our “Organic Gardening” class handout.
Otherwise known as the Dirty Dozen and Clean 15, this list highlights which foods are most and least likely to absorb harmful pesticides.